John K Scott
BOMA | REMS Florida
About John K Scott
About John K Scott, RPA, BOMA Fellow
John K. Scott, RPA, BOMA Fellow Managing Director REMS Florida, is a member of Colliers International Executive Leadership team in Florida where he has direct oversite of the Real Estate Management Services (REMS) department across the state of Florida. John also leads the Colliers Broker Sustainability Practice Group at Colliers. He has been speaking on the topic of resiliency, sustainability and energy efficiency for over 30 years. His passion for sustainability and the effects of this global impact, including sea level rise, has led to his continued education, research, community involvement and speaking on this important subject. John has presented to a wide array of commercial real estate Clients including, Nuveen, LaSalle, USAA and Principal Global Investors to name a few. John’s relevant contributions and involvement include:
- Contributing author to the International Code Council “Infrastructure Resiliency an Integrated Approach”, headed by Ryan M. Colker, J.D., CAE Vice President, Innovation Executive Director, Alliance for National and Community Resilience International Code Council, The George Washington University Law School.
- Contributing author to Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) High Performance Building Certification subject matter “Investment in High Performance Building and Assets.”
- One of the Founding Members and First Chairman of the Better Buildings Alliance a public private partnership between the White House, The Department of Energy, and The Commercial Real Estate Industry.
- Part of the Mayor of Miami’s Committee for Sustainability and Resiliency
- Member of Shanghai Tower certification team
- Engaged with Miami Beach Resiliency Office